Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Balancing the Books blog is (*sniff*) no more

Dear Balancing the Books readers:

This is goodbye.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my book-related musings, reviews and event previews on this blog over the last few years. Next week I start a new job in southern Vermont that's going to keep me too busy to blog. I'll be the managing editor of The Bennington Banner, a 6-day daily newspaper in Bennington, Vt., starting on Jan. 16. 

Hopefully I'll still have some time to read!

So, like all good stories (I couldn't resist), after nearly five years in existence, the Balancing the Books blog now comes to an end. My apologies to the authors whose books I received in the last couple of months that I did not have a chance to review here. 

My thanks to the publishers who mailed review copies of so many books over the years. I enjoyed using the review copies as giveaways on this blog.

Perhaps you'd like to try your hand at blogging as well. The Mercury hosts myriad bloggers on lots of different topics on its Town Square page. If you'd like to start one, contact Mercury Community Engagement Editor Diane Hoffman at dhoffman@pottsmerc.com. If you need help getting started, or have some questions, Diane can help.

As far as I know, The Mercury has no other book blogger at this point. So if there's another bibliophile out there who wants to give it a try, now's the time.

Thanks for reading!

Michelle

(What I hope to soon be doing more of instead of blogging)

1 comment:

Susan G. Weidener said...

Michelle,
Best of luck in your new journey. It sounds very exciting! Change is always good and invigorating. That said, we will miss your column with its news and views of local writers and writing groups. Thank you for all you have done to help and promote my memoirs and the Women's Writing Circle.
Susan